Thruxton. The café racer. Reinvented.
Thruxton. Named after the race track where Triumph ruled the roost and inspired by the famous "Ton Up Boys" of the 60s. The Thruxton is our sportiest classic, an authentic café racer delivering that unique Triumph riding experience. Low rise bars, sporty riding position, 18 inch spoked wheels, megaphone style exhaust and a modern 865cc parallel-twin engine. It stirs the heart for those around at the time and for those who seek the classic sporty retro cool.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin, 360º firing interval
- Capacity: 865cc
- Bore/Stroke: 90 x 68mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel headers, twin chromed upswept mufflers
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5-speed
- Oil Capacity: 4.5 liters (1.2 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Wheel: 36-spoke 18 x 2.5in, aluminum rim
- Rear Wheel: 40-spoke 17 x 3.5in, aluminum rim
- Front Tire: 100/90 18
- Rear Tire: 130/80 R17
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 41mm forks with adjustable preload, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 106mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Single 320mm floating disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display/Functions: Analogue speedometer and tachometer with odometer and trip information
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2150mm (84.6in)
- Width (handlebars): 830mm (32.7in)
- Height without mirrors: 1095mm (43.1in)
- Seat Height: 820mm (32.3in)
- Wheelbase: 1490mm (58.6in)
- Rake/Trail: 27º/97mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 16 liters (4.2 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 230 kg (506 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 69PS / 68 bhp / 51 kW @ 7400rpm
- Maximum Torque: 69Nm / 51 ft.lbs @ 5800rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 43 MPG City / 57 MPG Highway
- Styling: A motorcycle to stir the heart. Classic 60's retro styling. Café racer to the max. Beautiful chrome, aluminum-rimmed spoked wheels, sporty color schemes, megaphone style exhaust. Sporting low handlebars and stylish bar end mirrors complete the look.
- Engine: Air-cooled DOHC parallel-twin 865cc engine with 360 degree firing interval. Modern engine meets Euro 3 emissions but with retro styling and the authentic sound. 68bhp and 51ft.lbs of torque at 5800rpm.
- Handling: The sturdy, pre-load adjustable 41mm telescopic forks and twin rear shocks give it superb suspension and compliance with sharp steering geometry.
Fuel Efficiency estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle conducted under ideal laboratory conditions. Actual mileage may vary based upon personal riding habits, weather, vehicle condition, and other factors.